Monday, March 19, 2007

OK OK OK , so I'll post again

So I am now getting reminders daily from my sister that my Blog needs to be updated......So here goes.



I just returned from my 6 month airplane recurrent training which basically means I flew a flight simulator with graphics that would resemble those on an Xbox 720 or Playstation 12..... which doesn't exist now, but that is how realistic it is. I spent 5 days demonstrating my ability to basically not crash while experiencing events such as: engine fires, engine failures, hydraulic failures, disruptive passengers, and the famous Rapid Depressurization. Wow, how fun that is.......this is the problem, each simulator session is 4 hours long.... each simulator session requires total concentration.... I have severe ADD.....



4 hrs of focus + my ADD x 5 Days = Severe Fatigue



So my only problem is that I have to sleep half the day away after training so that I can function...... Oh well, the cross I have to bear to have half the month off. Please if you can, feel sorry for me.



Now that the Training is over, I can prepare for my annual pilgrimage to the Sun-n-Fun fly in in Lakeland, FL. My next post will be about my love of Sun-n-Fun, Old Airplanes, and the Old men who fly them.....oh and I'll talk about my surprise birthday present.... Till next time. Fly Safe.

Jonathan

3 comments:

sarah cool said...

"I spent 5 days demonstrating my ability to basically not crash..."

Nice! I hope all pilots can demonstrate this as well!!

Anonymous said...

Did Jennifer jump out of a cake again? Let's grab some grub when you come down. Oh, and I feel safer knowing our pilots train in a fashion that prepares them to play "Frogger" on an old Atari.

Anonymous said...

It is SO about time for you to update your blog. Thank you please!

-- Sister